Are you a new mother and new to formula feeding and looking for the guideline for making a 3oz bottle of formula? So let’s go to know that.
Before that, you should know the importance, procedure, and measurement of formula milk.
However, formula milk works as a substitute for breast milk. It includes essential nutrients that can help a baby to develop.
You must know the measurement and mixing system of water and formula.
Because incorrectly formulated formula can hurt the baby’s digestive system.
Moreover, you can know the rules to make 4, 6, 8oz bottles of formula easily from the pack of the can. But it may be tough to calculate the exact measurement and make a 3oz or 5oz bottle formula.
Now, if this question ’how do I make a 3oz bottle of formula’ comes to your mind, this post brings the miracle for you. You will be surprised to see all the answers and information that you are hunting.
So scroll down gradually and pick up all the data.
How do I make a 3oz bottle of formula?
For Powder formula: After measurement, now it is time to prepare a bottle of powder formula. For a 3oz of bottle formula, the water and formula ratio will be one and a half scoops of formula.
Similarly, for a 5oz bottle of formula, the ratio will be two and a half scoops of baby formula. Below are the rules for mixing or preparing this infant formula:
- At first clean, the surface and utensils used to prepare baby formula.
- Soak the nipple and bottle with clean water.
- Wash both hands with water and soap and then dry it with a fresh towel before preparing your baby formula.
- Use a hygiene water source. You can use bottled mineral water. Tap water can be better in some areas. Yet if you have any concerns, you can take suggestions from the doctor.
- Then boil the water you want to use to prepare infants’ formula. Now, let it be cool to room temperature, no more than 30 minutes so that it remains remains at a temperature of around 70c. before including the formula. Not mix formula in boiling water to avoid clumping of formula.
- Put the water in the baby’s bottle and then add the right level of scoops of formula powder in the bottle.
- Place the cap on the bottle and surely secure it.
- Now shake it vigorously as if the formula can mix well and dissolve.
You must have to maintain these noticeable facts to make 3 ounces of formula.
How to make 3 ounces of formula? Measuring Liquid and Powder formula.
To make the formula with perfect nutritious for your baby measurement is the key affair. As a mother, you are always concern about your baby health.
Measuring and preparing for concentrate liquid formula:
- Wash your hands, essential tools and clean the surface, where you prepare the formula.
- It also needs to mix some water in the thick liquid.
- Mix well 1 ounce of concentrate liquid and 1 ounce of water to fill a bottle of 2 ounces.
- Now shake the mixture vigorously.
Measuring and preparing for ready to feed:
- Wash your hands and clean the bottle, nipple very well.
- Now open the cork of the can and pour the ready-made baby formula into the bottles.
- It does not need to be measured or prepared.
How many scoops for 3 oz of formula?
How to make 3 oz of formula, depends mostly on its perfect measurement.
However, you may ask, how many scoops of formula for 3oz or 5oz? It can be easy to measure if you know the accurate number of scoops of formula for using per oz of water. Generally, you can use one scoop of formula powder for 2 oz of water. Accordingly, use half of the scoop for one oz of water.
From this equation, it is advisable to use one and a half scoops of baby formula while using 3 oz of water to prepare your baby formula.
Similarly, you need to use two and a half scoops of formula if you use 5oz of water.
So now you can measure and prepare 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, or 9 ounces bottles of formula by using these formulas.
Below are some safety measurements for preparing your baby formula:
- For 1 oz of water, use 1/2 scoops of formula.
- For 2 oz of water, use 1 level scoop of formula powder.
- For 3 oz of water, use 1 level and ½ scoops of formula
- For 4 oz of water, use 2 level scoops of formula,
- For 5 oz of water, use 2 level and 1/2 scoops of formula,
- For 6 oz of water, use 3 level scoops of formula,
- For 7 oz of water, use 3 level and a half scoops of formula,
- For 8 oz of water, use 4 level scoops of formula,
- For 9 oz of water, use 4 level scoops and a half of the formula.
Yet, if you want to make a 3.5oz bottle of formula, you will need to include 2 level scoops of formula. As you need 1.5 scoops of formula for 3oz and 2 level scoops for 4oz, after the mixer, you can use 3.5oz and, others can rest in the fridge.
Moreover, you can not use half scoops of formula. Only you should measure the full-level scoops. Otherwise, it can be harmful to the baby.
Yet all the above measurement is needed for the powder formula. If you use concentrated liquid formula or ready-to-feed formula, follow the bellowing rules for measuring and preparing.
Which formula should I use for my baby?
The formula selection depends on your own choice. Even then, you can take the suggestion from your doctor if you do not understand which may be suitable for your child.
Even pick the fixed type of formula that may be best for your cute baby. However, You can choose anyone from powder formula, liquid formula, and ready-to-feed formula.
Yet, I can suggest you use powder or liquid formula for everyday use and use ready-to-feed formula at the time of travel.
Is measurement necessary to make formulas?
Yes, measurement is necessary for making baby formula. Before preparing, you need to know the exact measure of water and scoops of a formula, as your baby gets the proper nutrition in their need.
If you add too much water to the formula mixer, the calorie of the formula becomes lower. So the baby can not get sufficient calories that are risky for the healthy development of your baby.
Similarly, too many scoops of formula also can be risky for your newborn baby. So you will be tricky for measurement.
So, first, you should measure and then go to prepare.
How can I measure powder formula without scoops?
Somehow you lost the scoops of the formula. So then what can you do? Not to worry, you can use tablespoons instead of measurement scoops because a tablespoon is closely the same as a scoop of formula.
However, one oz of water is similar to about two tablespoons.
So do not bother if you lost the scoops of formula.
Which things need to be kept in mind while measuring or making formulas?
- Do not use unsafe water.
- Never add formula powder in the boiling water directly as it occurs clumps of formula.
- To warm baby formula, avoid using a microwave. Because it unevenly heats the formula and creates hotspots that are not tolerable for baby tongues. Moreover, you can run the formula bottle for a few minutes into the hot water to warm it.
- To wash every piece of equipment, never use any high-scented soap. Because it can pollute the baby’s formula. You ensure to clean the bottle, nipple with clean water.
- Keeps free from germs you must ensure to wash hands and surface to make a bottle of formula.
- Always test the formula temperature before feeding.
- Never feed the expired baby formula.
How to store prepared baby formula?
Storage of formula is also necessary as like measuring and preparing. It helps you when you are busy and unable to prepare the formula milk.
So you might want to know the storage system. Below are the guidelines to store a prepared bottle of formula.
- Store the prepared infant formula in the refrigerator(40 degrees F or less) within one hour of preparation.
- After 24 hours, discard the stored formula from the refrigerator.
- Liquid concentrate formula is stored in the refrigerator and used within 48 hours.
- If you use ready-to-feed formula, coat the open can with unusual plastic wrap and then store the can in a refrigerator. Then use it within 48 hours.
How to store unused baby formula?
Powder formula stored guideline:
- You can store powder formula, once opened, in a sealed steel container in a dry and cool place.
- Do not store the unmixed powder formula in a refrigerator.
- Within one month, use the formula.
- Keep away from extreme temperatures.
liquid formula stored guideline:
- Keep the product in a dry place.
- Once opened, keep rest it in the refrigerator.
- Never reuse cans or bottles to liquid formula stored guideline
Ready-made formula stored guideline:
- You can store ready-made formula in cartons before ready for use.
- Store the unopened baby bottle of formula at room temperature.
- Avoid high temperatures.
- Never reuse the bottles of formula.
- Protect the bottles from light.
Yet to get more information, you can see every instruction of the bottle.
An infant who does not get breast milk needs formula milk. So the formula should be proper as correct measurement and preparation. It is serious for baby health development.
Usually, you can know the instruction to make 2oz, 4oz, 8oz of bottle formula from a can. But you will not get any information about 3oz or 5oz.
From this article, now you can know the formula-making system.
Again said, You should confirm the proper measurement of the formula and make it the right way. Otherwise, the wrong-making process can be harmful to your baby.
However, now you know, how to make 3 oz of formula. If someone asks you a question about baby formula, you can reply to them without any hesitation.