Yes, you have the heavy implantation bleeding and positive pregnancy test at the same time. Heavy implantation bleeding and positive pregnancy test are not interconnected when it is the matter of ectopic pregnancy, miscarriage and placenta previa.
It will indicate some other problem. On the other hand, only implantation bleeding is a v*ginal light bleeding.
However, a positive pregnancy test can also be found though heavy implantation bleeding happens. If you are pregnant, heavy bleeding will not become a problem for positive results.
Heavy period but positive pregnancy test, what does it mean?
If you get a positive pregnancy test result but are experiencing heavy bleeding, you need to communicate with your doctor immediately.
Heavy bleeding leads to other problems. So, it is necessary to find out the problem immediately. In this regard, heavy bleeding can happen for pregnancy miscarriage or ectopic pregnancy.
Slight bleeding occurs at the time when fertilized eggs implant. It happens about 6 to 12 days after conception. But, it is a common fact within the first 12 weeks of pregnancy. As per study, about 25% of pregnant women experience it.
Most importantly, slight bleeding or implantation bleeding is lighter bleeding than the normal menstrual blood. To get a clear idea, you may see some implantation bleeding pictures.
However, some reasons that can occur heavy period or bleeding,
- Ectopic Pregnancy: Outside of the uterus, when a fertilized egg implants, ectopic pregnancy happens. More than 90% ectopic pregnancy occurs in the fallopian tube (An egg travels through the ovary to uterus).
When the pregnancy grows, the tube will rupture. This can cause major internal bleeding.
In a nutshell, ectopic pregnancy is an emergency issue for medical treatment.
- Cervical Infection: Sexual transmitted infections like chlamydia or gonorrhea can cause heavy bleeding.
- Birth Control Pill: Using birth control pill can cause heavy bleeding. This can happen due to hormone changes or an infarction from intrauterine device (IUD).
- Uterine Cancer: Bleeding from uterine cancer is a rare fact. This cancer can cause symptoms like implantation bleeding.
- Cervical Infection: Sexual transmitted infection can cause servical infection. This can cause heavy bleeding.
- Placenta Previa: This a condition when the placenta blocks all or body’s existing from your v*gina. In the second half of pregnancy, this bleeding is most common.
- Miscarriage: If an unexpected end of a pregnancy happens in the first 20 weeks of gestation, it is called miscarriage. Spontaneous abortion or miscarriage can cause v*ginal bleeding
- Subchorionic Hemorrhage: When the chorion membranes enclose the embryo in the uterus, subchorionic hemorrhage happens. The partial detachment of the chorion membranes from the wall of the uterus occurs and it happens. One of the most common fact of v*ginal bleeding for women of 10 to 20 weeks pregnant.
- Implantation bleeding with clots: If you know about the heavy implantation bleeding with clots stories, you may know how heavy is implantation bleeding.
You may have a clear idea about does implantation bleeding have clots?
When to see a doctor?
Implantation bleeding is not heavy. So, if you see any unusual bleeding, bleeding accompanied by clots, cramping, ectopic pregnancy symptoms etc, you need to talk with your healthcare service.
Most importantly, for any symptoms of ectopic pregnancy, don’t be late to take medical treatment immediately.
To know more about implantation bleeding cramping stories, you may read, how long does implantation cramping last?
Can you have heavy implantation bleeding and positive pregnancy test together?
Yes, you can experience a heavy implantation bleeding with a positive pregnancy test. Though, it is not common in pregnancies, it can happen.
But, for your information, positive pregnancy test with bleeding and cramping could be a symptom of ectopic pregnancy.
How heavy can implantation bleeding be?
In maximum cases, implantation bleeding is a light bleeding. On the other hand, heavy implantation bleeding is possible in rare cases.
Only a underlying bleeding disorder that affects the blood’s ability to clots can cause a heavy implantation bleeding.
If you notice anything wrong in your bleeding, please, don’t be late to take the medical treatment. Abnormal bleeding can cause great damage. So, if you make sure that it is not an implantation bleeding, contact your healthcare provider immediately.
To know more, you may read, heavy implantation bleeding stories and pictures. Thank you